SERVES: 4-6 | PREP TIME: 2 MINUTES | COOK TIME: 20 MINUTES
Nutrition information per person: 95 calories, 5 g carbs / 8 g fat / 2 g protein
Vegetarian / Vegan alternative
Recipe in collaboration with https://harvestday.ie/
This pâté is a lovely addition to a cheeseboard and lighter than the traditional varieties. It’s even better with some red onion chutney!
200g Chestnut mushrooms
3 garlic cloves
80g chopped walnuts
50g crème fraiche
10 sprigs of thyme
Vegan alternative: Substitute coconut oil for butter, and a plant-based yoghurt or cream cheese.
1. Chop the mushrooms and onions finely
2. Toast the walnuts in a dry pan for 2 minutes and set aside
3. Melt the butter in the same pan over a medium heat. Add the mushrooms, onions and crushed garlic and reduce to a low heat. Leave for 15 minutes, stirring frequently until the water has absorbed.
4. Remove from the heat. Add the thyme and walnuts, stir in 50g crème fraiche, season and leave to cool to room temperature
5. Blend to a smooth consistency (don’t let it go too runny)
6. Leave in the fridge for at least 30 minutes and serve. This is also great on sourdough as a nutritious home-made canapé
This keeps in the fridge for up to one week.
Read more about nutritional therapy https://www.foundednutrition.com/about
Tag @founded_nutrition on instagram https://www.instagram.com/founded_nutrition/
Book a complimentary discovery call today to see if you can benefit from a personalised nutrition consultation firstname.lastname@example.org