SERVES: 2 | PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES | COOK TIME: 25 MINUTES
A great way to use your veggies is a quick odds and ends stir fry – or in this case a take on a special fried rice. Substituting the rice here for quinoa is a healthier alternative, as quinoa is a complete protein and great source of iron making it a fantastic addition to all diets, but particularly for those looking to add more plant-based meals through the week.
Using carrots, mushrooms, leeks and kale ensures you are getting a variety of nutrients towards your 5 a day, all in one little bowl. You could also add some poached chicken if you prefer a heartier meal.
· 2 cloves garlic, diced finely
· 4 cm ginger, peeled and diced finely
· 1 carrot, diced
· 1 leek, trimmed, cut in half lengthways and diced
· 120g mushrooms. diced
· Handful of kale, removed from stalk and shredded
· 80g quinoa
· 400ml vegetable stock
· 1 tbsp sesame oil
· 1 tbsp tamari/soy sauce
· 2 eggs (optional)
1. Rinse the quinoa. Add your stock to a pot, bring to the boil and add the quinoa. Simmer for 20mins.
2. Scramble your eggs and set aside
3. Meanwhile, prepare your vegetables
4. Add 1 tbsp of sesame oil to a large pan and sauté your garlic and ginger for 2 mins on a medium-high heat
5. Add the remaining vegetables, season and leave for 5 mins on a medium-high heat until softened. Stir occasionally to make sure it doesn’t stick
6. Add the quinoa, kale and tamari. Stir well and leave for a further 3 mins
7. Add your egg from earlier. Stir and remove from the heat. Ready to serve!
Nutrition information per person: 420 calories / 45g carbs / 15g fat / 16g protein.
Recipe in collaboration with https://harvestday.ie/
Book a complimentary discovery call today to see if you can benefit from a personalised nutrition consultation email@example.com
Read more about nutritional therapy https://www.foundednutrition.com/about
Tag @founded_nutrition on instagram https://www.instagram.com/founded_nutrition/