Sprouts with Tahini Drizzle and Hazelnuts SERVES: 2 | PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES | COOK TIME: 10 MINUTES Nutrition information per person: 360 calories 24g carbs / 29g fat / 11g protein. Vegan Recipe in collaboration with www.harvestday.ie
These nutrient packed powerhouses are rich in Vitamin K and Vitamin C, with this dish surpassing your recommended daily doses. Vitamin C is vital for immune function and is a potent antioxidant. A member of the cruciferous family, they are also supportive of your liver and are high in fibre supporting our gut health. INGREDIENTS
200g sprouts (20 approx) 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds 2 tbsp hazelnuts 1 tbsp maple syrup For the drizzle: 2 tbsp tahini 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 tsp maple syrup
Juice of 1 lemon
Recipe inspired by Anna Jones
1. Preheat the oven to 180’ fan and bring a pan of salted water to the boil.
2. Prepare the sprouts by cutting the base, halving and blanch for 2 minutes (no longer). Drain immediately and plunge into a bowl of cold water to keep their vibrant green colour
3. Put the pumpkin seeds, hazelnuts and maple syrup on a lined baking tray and mix well to coat with a good season of salt. Roast for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, make the drizzle by combining the ingredients (I like to give mine a quick blend in the Nutribullet so it is really smooth, but you can also just whisk with a fork)
5. Heat a medium size pan on a medium high heat with 1 tbsp oil and sauté the sprouts for 2 minutes until they begin to turn golden
Drizzle the tahini dressing over the sprouts, and crumble the sweet hazelnut seed mix on top