SERVES: 2 | PREP TIME: 2 MINUTES | COOK TIME: 15 MINUTES
Start your day off right with protein and greens. I love how quick and easy it is to make this satisfying tortilla which makes an ideal balanced breakfast or a speedy lunch. This is also a great way to sneak greens onto the plate for fussy eaters. It can be made in advance and stored in the fridge for 2-3 days. In fact, when cold, this is even better as cooked potatoes contain resistant starch when cooled, which provides fuel for our good gut bugs.
· 3 new potatoes or 150g approx, diced
· 1 onion
· Handful of kale, or spinach
· 6 eggs
· Handful of lettuce/salad leaves
· Parmesan (optional)
For the dressing:
· 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
· 1 tbsp red wine/balsamic vinegar
· 1 tsp Dijon mustard
· Juice of ½ lemon
· Salt and pepper
1. Bring a pot of water to the boil, add salt and add the diced potatoes for 5 mins until softening. Meanwhile chop the onion, add 1 tbsp olive oil to a pan on a medium heat and sauté for 5 mins. Drain the potatoes and add to the onion pan for a further two minutes. Season, and pour the mixture into a bowl.
2. Wash and chop the kale into bite sized pieces, add to the pan, for two minutes. Season and add to bowl with the potatoes/onion.
3. Beat the eggs, season well and add to the vegetable mixture.
4. Heat a knob of butter in the pan, add the mixture on a medium heat for 3 minutes.
5. Holding a plate with one hand over the pan, turn the pan upside down and quickly slide the tortilla back on to the pan to cook the other side for a further 3 minutes.
6. Remove from the pan, set aside to cool for 10 minutes before cutting.
7. Make the dressing and drizzle over the washed salad leaves. Grate some fresh lemon zest and parmesan (if using) and enjoy!
Nutrition information: 445 calories/ 22g carbs/ 28g fat/ 22g protein.
Recipe in collaboration with https://harvestday.ie/
Book a complimentary discovery call today to see if you can benefit from a personalised nutrition consultation email@example.com
Read more about nutritional therapy https://www.foundednutrition.com/about
Tag @founded_nutrition on instagram https://www.instagram.com/founded_nutrition/