SERVES: 2 | PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES | COOK TIME: 15 MINUTES
This is a ridiculously simple recipe that I make at least once a week. High in protein and packing leftover veggies into every quick bite to boost your 5 per day. Great for breakfast, brunch or lunch – they can be made in advance and enjoyed hot or cold. They are also really nice for a picnic and keep for up to 3 days in the fridge.
· 1 leek
· 4 chestnut mushrooms
· 100g spinach
· 6 eggs
*This recipe is really versatile and you can use any leftover veggies really so get creative. You can also crumble in some cheese if you like.
1. Preheat the oven to 180’c. Grease 6 servings of a muffin tray.
2. Trim the leek, removing the outer leaves. Cut in half, and slice in two lengthways before roughly chopping. Dice the mushrooms and roughly chop the spinach including the stalks.
3. Add 1 tbsp oil to a pan on a medium heat. Add the leek for 2 minutes, followed by the mushrooms for a further 2 minutes and finally the spinach for 1-2 minutes until wilted. Season, remove from the heat and set aside in a large bowl.
4. Meanwhile, beat 6 eggs. Add the egg mixture to the bowl of veggies. Spoon some of the mixture into each cup of the muffin tray until it is almost full.
5. Place in the oven for 15 minutes. Enjoy!
Nutrition information: 355 calories/ 12g carbs/ 14g fat/ 21g protein.
Recipe in collaboration with https://harvestday.ie/
Book a complimentary discovery call today to see if you can benefit from a personalised nutrition consultation email@example.com
Read more about nutritional therapy https://www.foundednutrition.com/about
Tag @founded_nutrition on instagram https://www.instagram.com/founded_nutrition/