SERVES: 2 | PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES | COOK TIME: 20 MINUTES
Miso is a fermented probiotic rich soybean paste that is great for our digestive health, and also a wonder ingredient to transform your vegetables. This sticky miso glazed aubergine pairs perfectly with garlic stir fried greens for a tasty satisfying meal. Aubergine is also a good source of fibre, which we need to ensure we are getting enough of for our good gut bugs to thrive.
· 1 Aubergine
· 1 Leek, thinly sliced
· Handful of greens; spinach/pak choy/ chard/kale
· 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
· 4cm ginger, finely chopped
· 60g quinoa
· 1 tbsp sesame seeds
For the miso glaze:
· 1 tbsp sesame oil
· 1 tbsp miso
· 1 tbsp honey
· 2 spring onions
· Juice of half a lime
1. Preheat the oven to 180’c fan. Rinse the quinoa. Add to 200ml of salted water and simmer for 15minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Dice the aubergine into 2cm chunks. Place on a baking tray, drizzle with oil and bake for 10minutes.
3. Meanwhile make your miso glaze by combining the ingredients in a bowl.
4. Add the aubergine to the bowl, coat evenly and place back on the tray in the oven for a further 10minutes.
5. Add 1 tbsp oil to a pan on a medium heat, add the garlic and ginger for 2 minutes. Add the leek for 5 minutes until softened. Finally add the greens and 1tbsp water for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat,and stir the greens through the quinoa.
Serve the sticky miso aubergine on top of the quinoa, and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.
Nutrition information: 330 calories/ 53g carbs/ 11g fat/ 10g protein.
Recipe in collaboration with https://harvestday.ie/
Book a complimentary discovery call today to see if you can benefit from a personalised nutrition consultation firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more about nutritional therapy https://www.foundednutrition.com/about
Tag @founded_nutrition on instagram https://www.instagram.com/founded_nutrition/