SERVES: 2 | PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES | COOK TIME: 7 MINUTES
Nutrition information per person: 300 calories, 25 g carbs / 21 g fat / 6 g protein. Vegan.
Recipe in collaboration with https://harvestday.ie/
This is a delicious speedy stir fry sauce to add flavour to your favourite vegetables. You can whizz it up quicker than ordering a Chinese takwaway.
Cabbage is the highlight here as this leafy green is not only loaded with Vitamin C, it is also rich in phytochemicals and glucosinolates, a sulfur containing compound with fantastic health benefits that may be cancer protective. It absorbs the sweetness of the miso, and the nuttiness of the sesame oil making it as delicious as it is nutritious. The sauce also has a high fat content (the good fat) meaning it helps to keep you fuller for longer.
INGREDIENTS Half a head of cabbage 2 carrots 4 mushrooms 2 cloves of garlic 4cm ginger
1 tbsp white miso
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp coconut oil
Juice of 1 lime
1 tbsp sesame seeds
Desiccated coconut/coconut flakes
You could add some brown rice and black beans to increase the protein and make this a heartier meal
1. Finely chop the garlic and ginger. Remove the stalk from the cabbage and finely slice into 1 cm ribbons, peel and chop the carrots in half, and slice lengthways into batons, and slice the mushrooms.
2. Add 1 tbsp sesame oil to a large frying pan on a medium heat. Add the garlic and ginger for 2 minutes
3. Add the vegetables for 3 minutes with 2 tbsp water
4. Meanwhile mix all of the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl
5. Add the dressing to the pan and cook for a further 2 minutes stirring to ensure the vegetables are well coated
6. Remove from the pan and serve with the sesame seeds and coconut
Book a complimentary discovery call today to see if you can benefit from a personalised nutrition consultation email@example.com
Read more about nutritional therapy https://www.foundednutrition.com/about
Tag @founded_nutrition on instagram https://www.instagram.com/founded_nutrition/