SERVES: 2 | PREP TIME: 2 MINUTES | COOK TIME: 15 MINUTES
Nutritionists eat pasta too! When eating a more plant-based diet, pasta can often become a convenient staple. To maintain a healthy balance, keep the portions to 80g cooked whole wheat pasta per person, and load up with protein and vegetables. This recipe is super speedy, and the mushroom and leek creamy mixture is equally delicious served on toast, or in a savory crepe. Using goats cheese instead of cream is one of my favorite tips to increase the protein content of this speedy lunch or light dinner.
· 1 leek, sliced to 1cm round
· 1 clove of garlic, finely diced
· 200g mushrooms, sliced
· 200g spinach, chopped
· 20g parsley, chopped
· 70g soft goats cheese (or crème fraiche)
· 80g linguini (my personal preference is Doves Farm Brown Rice spaghetti)
1. Prepare your linguini as per cooking instructions.
2. Heat a pan on a medium heat. Add 1 tbsp oil, the garlic and leek. Sauté for 5 mins.
3. Add the mushrooms, season and sauté for a further 5 minutes.
4. Tumble the spinach into the pan for 2 minutes until wilted.
5. Add the goats cheese until melted and everything Is evenly coated.
6. Stir the pasta into your pan of vegetables. Add the juice from ½ lemon and some lemon zest to taste. Serve loaded with fresh parsley
Nutrition information: 260 calories/ 33g carbs/ 9g fat/ 14g protein.
Recipe in collaboration with https://harvestday.ie/
Book a complimentary discovery call today to see if you can benefit from a personalised nutrition consultation firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more about nutritional therapy https://www.foundednutrition.com/about
Tag @founded_nutrition on instagram https://www.instagram.com/founded_nutrition/