SERVES: 2 | PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES | COOK TIME: 15 MINUTES
GF. V. DF/VG (adaptable)
This is the time of year to make the most of outdoor dining and delicious salads. Quinoa makes an excellent base, for a filling salad as it is a complete protein. The olives and the almonds used here are also a good source of fat, providing a well-balanced meal on its own or served accompanying a BBQ.
This can also be made ahead of time and makes a healthy lunchbox option too.
· 80g quinoa
· 1 lemon
· 250ml vegetable stock
· Handful of kale/spinach/chard
· Handful of salad leaves/rocket
· 2 spring onions, sliced
· 4 sun-dried tomatoes, diced
· 2 tbsp black pitted olives, halved
· 2 tbsp flaked almonds
· 60g feta cheese (optional or VG without)
For the dressing:
· 2 tbsp olive oil
· 1 tsp honey (VG: maple syrup)
· 1 tsp dried herbs
1. Rinse the quinoa and add to a pot with the stock, and ½ of the lemon. Bring to a simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, finely chop the green garlic (saving the green part which can still be used). Add to a pan on a medium heat with a drizzle of oil until turning golden. Combine with the other dressing ingredients, juice from the remaining half lemon, season well, and set aside.
3. Remove the kale from the stalk and tear into bite sized pieces. In the same pan as you used for the garlic, sauté the kale for a few mins until soft.
4. Add the kale, salad leaves, spring onions, sun-dried tomatoes, olives and flaked almonds to a bowl.
5. Stir in the quinoa once cooked. Stir through the dressing and sprinkle the feta cheese on top, if using.
Nutrition information: 440 calories/ 40g carbs/ 25g fat/ 12g protein.
Recipe in collaboration with https://harvestday.ie/
Book a complimentary discovery call today to see if you can benefit from a personalised nutrition consultation email@example.com
Read more about nutritional therapy https://www.foundednutrition.com/about
Tag @founded_nutrition on instagram https://www.instagram.com/founded_nutrition/