SERVES: 2 | PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES | COOK TIME: 5 MINUTES
This teriyaki marinade is an all-time favourite to transform pretty much any vegetable in minutes, it’s great with mixed greens so feel free to adapt with whatever you have. I use this at least twice a week in my house as it’s so versatile. It’s also great with chicken or fish.
· Handful of greens like sprouting broccoli, stir fry mix or rainbow chard
· Handful of spinach leaves
· 2 spring onions
· Handful of coriander
· 1 tbsp sesame oil (or coconut oil)
· 2 tbsp cashew nuts, lightly toasted
For the sauce:
· 4cm ginger, peeled and finely diced
· Half red chilli, finely diced
· 2 tbsp tamari/ soy sauce
· 1 tbsp honey / maple syrup
· 1 lime
1. Prepare the vegetables – having everything ready to go is the secret for a stir fry as speedy cooking means your greens stay vibrant and crunchy. Rinse and trim the broccoli, slicing any larger pieces in half lengthways to speed up cooking time. Rinse all other greens. Trim and slice the spring onion.
2. Make your teriyaki sauce by combining the ginger, chilli, tamari, honey and juice from half of the lime
3. Add 1 tbsp sesame oil to a large pan/wok on a high heat. Add the tougher greens like broccoli and stir fry for 2 minutes.
4. Add the spinach and leafier greens for 1 minute until wilted.
5. Lower the heat and add the spring onions and teriyaki sauce for 2 more minutes
6. Remove from the heat and stir in the coriander, cashew nuts, and the remaining lime juice. Serve with some slices of fresh chilli if you like extra heat!
Nutrition information per person: 200 calories / 20g carbs / 12g fat / 6g protein
Recipe in collaboration with https://harvestday.ie/
Book a complimentary discovery call today to see if you can benefit from a personalised nutrition consultation email@example.com
Read more about nutritional therapy https://www.foundednutrition.com/about
Tag @founded_nutrition on instagram https://www.instagram.com/founded_nutrition/