SERVES: 4 | PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES | COOK TIME: 5 MINUTES
This cheeky little tempura recipe is an occasional treat when you have a little time for something different. The light batter is a delicious way to serve almost any vegetable and is a winner with both friends, and children. I’ve used aubergine and courgettes here but you can experiment.
I often just dip it straight into tamari or you can try this miso tahini and lime drizzle.
· 1 aubergine (sliced into wedges)
· Or courgettes (leave small ones whole)
· 500ml sunflower oil
· 40g flour
For the batter:
· 180g plain flour (GF flour also works)
· Half tsp of baking powder
· 25g black sesame seeds (optional)
· 2 eggs
· 330ml ice cold sparkling water
For the drizzle:
· 1 tsbp miso, tahini, tamari
· 1 tsp maple syrup.
· Juice of half a lime.
· 1-2 tbsps water if needed
1. Season the vegetables with a little sea salt. Add the oil to a large saucepan and bring to a simmer.
2. Meanwhile you can make the drizzle if using. Blend all ingredients, or use a fork.
3. Mix the batter ingredients. (Ideally use an electric whisk if you have one)
4. In small batches, coat the vegetables lightly ln the extra flour. Shake off any excess and dip into the batter mix. Using a tongs, place gently into the oil. Leave for 3-4 mins. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on kitchen paper. Season with sea salt. Remove any remaining batter from the pan between batches.
5. Enjoy immediately
Recipe in collaboration with https://harvestday.ie/
Book a complimentary discovery call today to see if you can benefit from a personalised nutrition consultation firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more about nutritional therapy https://www.foundednutrition.com/about
Tag @founded_nutrition on instagram https://www.instagram.com/founded_nutrition/