SERVES: 2 | PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES | COOK TIME: 20 MINUTES
Nutrition information per person: 347 calories, 48g carbs / 14 g fat / 5 g protein.
Recipe in collaboration with www.harvestday.ie
Salads are a fantastic quick lunch option, and not just for summer. I try to keep some roasted vegetables pre-prepared so I can always make a quick filling meal. Adding roasted crispy cavolo nero here, with some sweet cranberries and apple is one of my go to Winter favourites. This dark green leafy vegetable exceeds its reputation as one of the most nutrient dense foods, rich in Vitamins A, C and K, calcium and other minerals.
INGREDIENTS Cavolo Nero (1-2 handfuls per person)
1 sweet potato/squash or white potato
(You can use any root vegetables you have to hand)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp honey
2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp dried cranberries
Optional: 1 tbsp walnuts. Chopped apple
2 tbsp feta cheese for added protein
1. Preheat the oven to 180’ fan. Peel and chop your root vegetables into 2cm pieces.
2. Place on a lined baking tray drizzle with olive oil and the zest of half the lemon and season with salt and pepper ensuring everything is well coated. Roast for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile make your dressing by mixing all ingredients and seasoning. Remove the cavolo nero from the stalk and roughly chop.
4. Add the kale to the baking tray with the vegetables, along with half of the dressing. Roast for a further 8-10 minutes until it is crispy.
5. Remove from the oven and serve in a bowl. Sprinkle the dried cranberries on top (and the walnuts, cheese and apple on top if using) and drizzle the remaining dressing before you enjoy!
Book a complimentary discovery call today to see if you can benefit from a personalised nutrition consultation. email@example.com
Read more about nutritional therapy https://www.foundednutrition.com/about
Tag #foundedfoodfirst on Instagram @founded_nutrition