SERVES: 4 | PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES | COOK TIME: 40 MINUTES
Nutrition information per person: 220 calories / 30g carbs / 10g fat / 4g protein.
Recipe in collaboration with www.harvestday.ie
Roasted beetroot is fantastic with a little cumin and thyme. If you are less patient, try this simple soup. It packs a punch to brighten up Autumnal afternoons. It also keeps well so can be cooked ahead of time.
Beetroots are fantastic for detoxification and liver support. The betacyanin gives these roots their rich bright pink colour, and is known to be cancer protective. They are also an excellent source of folic acid and fibre.
The coconut oil and walnuts are sources of good fat to keep you fuller for longer.
3 sweet potatoes (or white potatoes)
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 onion, diced
500ml vegetable stock
5 tbsp walnuts, chopped
A sprig of thyme (optional)
1. Peel the beetroot and potato, and dice in to 2cm chunks. Dice the onion
2. Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in a large saucepan, sauté the onion for 5 minutes
3. Add the beetroot, potatoes, cumin and remaining coconut oil. Mix well to coat, season and leave for 3 minutes stirring so it doesn’t burn
4. Add the stock and water, bring to the boil and reduce to simmer for 30 minutes
5. Remove from the heat immediately so the soup retains its colour and blend
Serve with 1tbsp chopped walnuts in the centre of each bowl and some fresh thyme
Book a complimentary discovery call today to see if you can benefit from a personalised consultation firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more about nutritional therapy https://www.foundednutrition.com/
Tag #foundedfoodfirst on Instagram @founded_nutrition